The Tripod turnstiles are the most popular turnstile that’s widely used for access control to stadiums, factories, banks, dormitories or in public transit sites where the access is controlled or monitored and one person entry is preferred. They can be integrated with all types of card reader, ticketing machines and are suitable for outdoor sheltered installation.
The mechanical drive design allows the arm to be push through effortlessly without any expensive electric motor. An electro-mechanical device acts as a positive lock mechanism to prevent double entry at the same time. Self-centering and anti-action mechanisms are also incorporated to ensure complete rotation of the arm and prevent reverse rotation respectively. In addition, a spring damper system is added to ensure smooth operation.
- The lanes can be configured for entry, exit or bi-directional access
- The tripods are usually at lock position during normal operation
- Upon valid signal, the tripod arm mechanism will unlock
- The arm will relock after each complete arm rotation or time-out preset by the controller
- Additional feature on selected model : Tripod arm will unlock and drop allowing access in the event of a power failure
- The rotating arm adaptor comes with powder coated magenta color suited for outdoor installation and other color option upon request
- Fail Secure – arm remain locked and stays up when encounters a power failure